Vision and Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to become an IDF Centre of Excellence in Diabetes Care, the institution/hospital/member organisation must provide evidence of the following criteria:
- Willingness to play a key role in the vision and contribute to the implementation of the IDF Global Strategic Plan.
- Institute must be providing holistic diabetes care and management (need to be a University Hospital, Diabetes Care Centre or equivalent)
- Written commitment of leadership to support all IDF initiatives
- Commitment to work closely with and act as a reference point for the IDF Global office.
- Willingness to accept and support review and assessment processes by IDF.
- Willingness to abide by IDF values and beliefs.
As an integral part of the IDF School of Diabetes, IDF will appoint centres based on a competitive application process.
- Each centre will be independently evaluated before it is selected and must meet a high standard of care for the treatment of people with diabetes
- Each selected centre will be charged an annual fee of USD 3,000 to be granted the title of IDF Centre of Excellence in Diabetes Care. This fee is negotiable on a case-by-case basis for low- and middle-income countries (LIC).
- Each selected Centre will be allowed to use the term “IDF Centre of Excellence in Diabetes Care” and the dedicated logo.
- All selected centres will be published on the IDF website with a dedicated web link.
In addition, all selected centres will be part of the IDF Disaster Response initiative, further details of which are mentioned in the application form.
The application process for IDF Centres of Excellence in Diabetes Care is currently closed.
- Submit Online Application
- IDF Pre-approval
- Signing of MoU
- Induction Call with IDF Global Office
Current IDF Centres of Excellence in Diabetes Care