Results to date (November 2012):
- Inclusion of diabetes in National Health Policy
- Development of a project titled "Seeni Meanie" which is an innovative diabetes education and awareness campaign where schoolchildren have to formulate their own awareness campaign and educate their colleagues, teachers, parents and school community. Project is expected to reach 360 schools and approximately 1.000.000 children.
- Incorporation by the Ministry of education of Diabetes into the National School curriculum in the health and physical activity education textbooks at grade 7.
- Establishment of a Presidential task force on diabetes in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, WHO and other stakeholders.
Posters and presentations:
- 1st Diabetes in Asia Study Group, Kathmandu (Nepal), October 2008 - (2 posters and 1 presentation)
- 20th World Diabetes Congress, Montreal (Canada), October 2009 - (2 posters and 3 presentations)
- 2nd Diabetes in Asia Study Group, Doha (Qatar), March 2010 - (2 posters and 1 presentation)
- 6th World Congress on Diabetes Prevention and its complications, Dresden (Germany), April 2010 -(1 presentation)
- 21st World Diabetes Congress, Dubai (UAE), December 2011 (4 posters and 2 presentations)
- 7th World Congress on diabetes prevention and its complications, Madrid (Spain), November 2012 (3 posters and 1 presentation)
- 22nd World Diabetes Congress, Melbourne (Australia), December 2013 (6 posters, 1 presentation)
- 74th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association, San Francisco (USA), June 2014 (1 poster)
- 50th EASD 2014, Vienna (Austria), September 2014 (1 presentation)
- 2nd regional Council of South East Asia Region, Mauritius, October 2014 (1 presentation)
- 10th IDF WPR congress, Singapore, November 2014 (1 presentation)