IDF is seeking a highly organised, outcome-focused and energetic full-time team member to join our. This is an excellent opportunity if you want to start a career in advocacy and communications with a leading global non-profit organisation.
The position is a one-year fixed-term contract with a possible extension.
The Junior Professional Officer will be working remotely and can be based anywhere.
Purpose of role
In this role, you will support IDF Advocacy activities, including coordinating IDF networks of people living with diabetes (Young Leaders in Diabetes and Blue Circle Voices).
Key responsibilities and activities
- Coordinate the communication with IDF networks of people living with diabetes to secure their participation in IDF activities
- Translate advocacy messages and materials into other languages as required
- Support IDF online and face-to-face events and capacity-building sessions (from liaising with speakers to overseeing technical details)
- Support the dissemination of advocacy messages via IDF’s website, social media, newsletters, and campaigns (including World Diabetes Day)
- Collaborate in developing advocacy materials (key messages, policy papers, briefs, letters to policymakers, etc.)
- Help create and curate diabetes-related content – including written and video testimonials from people living with diabetes
- Support research key diabetes-related topics
Skills, competencies and experience
- Enthusiastic and very well organised.
- Bachelor / Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (policy, advocacy, communications, global health, development…)
- High-level writing and editing skills in English.
- Other language skills would be a bonus (notably French and/or Spanish).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Interested in acquiring new skills (advocacy, social media, document layout, video editing, translation, etc.).
- Experience in webinar development would be a bonus.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Ms Audrey Baerten, Office Manager, at [email protected] before 22 May, 2023.