IDF Europe is looking for a new Junior Communications Officer to join the team. The job holder will support IDF Europe’s involvement in EU-funded projects and communications efforts.
Job title: Project and Communication Coordinator (Health)
Start date: January 2023
Overall purpose of job:
The International Diabetes Federation European Region is a non-profit organisation representing 73 national diabetes organisations in 46 countries. Our vision is to improve the lives of people with diabetes and our mission, in Europe, is to unite the voice of people with diabetes and to engage all stakeholders in creating a person-centred diabetes ecosystem.
As Project and Communication Coordinator, you will manage autonomously several communication work packages for EU-funded projects related to diabetes, and will support the IDF Europe communication team, contributing to the development of our communications & outreach strategy, ensuring all messaging aligns with our vision and mission.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Supporting IDF Europe’s involvement in EU-funded projects:
- Ensure IDF Europe’s obligations and commitments relating to task and work package objectives are delivered within budget, on time and to the quality required;
- Build strong relationships with project partners through regular meetings, encouraging and supporting them to implement planned communication activities within the project;
- Be the focal point of contact between IDF Europe and people living with diabetes involved in these projects;
- Develop and maintain communication and dissemination strategies for specific projects and deliver on those strategies, for example, through: the drafting of engaging articles for non-scientific audiences and the production of digital content to engage with online audiences: social media posts, blog posts, newsletters, videos, etc.
- Be proactive, seeking out new ideas to form the basis of media content;
- Work with partners to identify publication opportunities and events to attend;
- Coordinate international events (conferences, workshops) with multiple stakeholders;
- Perform various administrative tasks linked to the projects;
- Participate in drafting proposals for EC-funded projects.
Supporting IDF Europe communication:
- Writing, producing and publishing communication items in English, such as annual reports, press releases, e-newsletters and presentations;
- Generating content for newsletters, press releases, website and social media channels;
- Supporting the organisation of online and in person events;
- Assisting with the administrative tasks associated when required.
- Preferably, a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Communication or Health/Life Sciences, or another related/relevant field;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and in an international/health environment;
- Excellent command of both written and oral English (native speaker equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to assimilate complex information and communicate concise and clear messages to non-scientific audiences;
- Experience with graphic design and edition software, knowledge in video editing will be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Experience in managing Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram platforms and managing digital platforms and using tools such as WordPress, and Canva;
- Ability to work independently, to show initiative and to assess when to engage the help of others;
- An interest in health issues; experience in diabetes or related clinical field would be an asset;
- Right to live and work in Belgium without requiring a work permit.
- A fixed-term contract with the possibility to become permanent. The salary offered will depend on the qualification level and number of years of relevant experience.
- Benefits such as lunch vouchers, group insurance for pension and public transportation costs
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to describe interest and relevance to the position to [email protected] with cc to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore sending applications as soon as possible is advisable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The successful applicant is expected to start in January 2023.