The Diabetic Association of the Republic of Kazakhstan was established on 1995 to advocate for people with diabetes, to ensure a high quality of life, promote a comprehensive approach to diabetes prevention, care and support at the national and regional level and reduce or eliminate barriers preventing people with diabetes from realizing their full potential in society.
- Ensure right to medical care and affordable medicines
- Ensure the right to information and education
- Ensure the right to social security and stability
- Information, legal and social protection of the rights of people living with diabetes.
- In cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and DARC partners, the development and organization of projects aimed at solving issues of improving the quality of life of people with diabetes.
- Participation in the development of the national program “Diabetes mellitus”.
- Organization and holding of summer camps for children and adolescents living with diabetes.
- Helping people living with diabetes during the state of emergency in the country during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Message from the President
“For a quarter of a century, the Diabetes Association of the Republic of Kazakhstan (DARK) has been defending the rights and lobbying the interests of people living with diabetes in our country. During this time, we have gained extensive experience, which in many ways allows us to solve complex problems that arise every day. Thanks to cooperation with IDF and other IDF member associations, we have the opportunity to use innovative approaches in solving our problems.”