IDF Europe is an inclusive and multicultural umbrella organization of 71 national diabetes associations in 46 countries across the European region, representing people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals. Through our activities we aim to influence policy, increase public awareness and encourage health improvement, as well as promote the exchange of best practice and high-quality information about diabetes throughout the European region. We provide essential expertise and up-to-date evidence on diabetes, support awareness campaigns through a wide network of partners and stakeholders, and work with European and international organizations towards the development, implementation and monitoring of effective public policies for diabetes.
IDF Europe receives funding from a number of different sources and projects as outlined here.
The Guiding Principles for IDF Europe Partnership can be found here.
For our registered status as a non-profit organisation, please read our Articles of Association.
IDF Europe has a Member Staff Exchange Programme which allows those working in Member Associations to come work with the IDF Europe team in Brussels for three to six months. They will have the chance to:
- Contribute to on-going advocacy, membership activities and projects managed by IDF Europe
- Help foster improved relations with European Members
- Represent IDF Europe at events and conferences
- Help in the organisation of meetings and congresses and preparing material for those events
- For IDF Europe, the programme is also an opportunity to gain very valuable insight into the work and projects carried out by our Members, and to look at ways to strengthen the collaboration with our membership.
For more information on the programme and on how to apply, click here.