Ceska Diabetologicka Spolecnost (Czech Diabetes Society), is a professional society of the Czech Medical Association of Jan Evangelista, based in Prague. Czech Diabetes Society was founded originally as a section of Czech Medical Society in 1963.
The mission of ČDS is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the life of people with diabetes in the Czech Republic and to promote excellence in diabetes care through research and education.
- Providing standards of care for managing patients with diabetes and its complications
- Guaranteeing postgraduate education in diabetology
- Creating and updating the National Diabetes Program
- Approving and monitoring diabetes, education and podiatry centers across Czech Republic
- Organizing annual scientific meeting and other courses and lectures in the diabetology field
- Supporting national health data registers (insulin pumps, gestational diabetes etc.)
Publications & Newsletters
CDS is one of the professional societies that develops the content of the journal “Diabetologie, Endokrinologie, Metabolismus, Výživa”.