In 2002, a group of doctors-enthusiasts reorganized the former Republican Society of Endocrinologists into a new non-governmental organization – Association of Endocrinologists of the Republic of Uzbekistan – that also includes people with diabetes.
In 2009, the Association of Endocrinologists of the Republic of Uzbekistan was renamed into Endocrinological and Diabetes Association of Uzbekistan (EDAU).
- To support and develop the activities of the members of the association
- To improve the lives of people with diabetes and their rights in Uzbekistan
- Scientific research in endocrinology
- Education for prevention of endocrine diseases
- Increasing the level of health professionals’ skills
- Supporting scientific and research activity for treatment and prevention of diabetes
- Education of people with diabetes and their families for self-control methods
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Promotion of interests through advocacy campaigns