IDF Europe is looking for a new Junior Communications Officer to join the team. The job holder will support with the development and management of IDF Europe’s internal and external communication.
Job title: Junior Communications Officer
Accountable to: Regional Manager, IDF Europe
Start date: As soon as possible
Overall purpose of job:
To develop and manage IDF Europe’s internal and external communication
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Updating the overarching communication strategy of the organisation
- Keeping the IDF Europe website up-to-date and populated with relevant resources and materials;
- Maintaining and developing IDF Europe’s social media and web presence, especially Facebook, YouTube and Twitter;
- Supporting IDF Europe’s involvement in EU funded projects utilising effective communications tools and actions
- Content development, editing and proofreading IDF Europe publications, including monthly newsletter and other communication material
- Developing IDF Europe’s branding in line with the guidelines and principles of the mother organization IDF Global and ensure consistency and implementation of same.
- Actively participating in team meetings
- Supporting other team members
- Full proficiency in English (native speaker or equivalent); fluency in other languages (e.g. French, Russian, Spanish …) is an asset
- IT skills. Previous experience with WordPress, social media and basic design skills are considered an asset
- Knowledge of the EU environment
- Experience working in the health/scientific sector
- Excellent organizational and team working skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural, remote, setting
- Right to live and work in Belgium without requiring a work permit
- An interest in health issues
- A minimum of 1-2 years relevant working experience in communications
- A fixed-term contract with the possibility to become permanent. The salary offered will depend on the qualification level and number of years of relevant experience.
- Benefits such as lunch vouchers, group insurance for pension and public transportation costs
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to describe interest and relevance to the position to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore sending applications as soon as possible is advisable. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The successful applicant is expected to start as soon as possible.