The Swiss Diabetes Association (Diabetesschweiz) was established in 1957 with the aim to improve the situation of people with diabetes in Switzerland. These include in particular advocacy for people with diabetes, raising awareness of diabetes, providing an appropriate instruction and the psycho-social support of people with diabetes and their relatives.
The Swiss Diabetes Association represents 20 regional associations all over Switzerland.
- Collaboration with health care professionals, authorities and insurances
- Information material and brochures for patients and their peers
- Individual group training and education by professionals
- Information and leisure events for adults and young people
- Peer support – living with diabetes
- Diabetes Kids Camps
Publications & Newsletters
The association publishes a diabetes magazine, in German, French and Italian, for people with diabetes and other people interested in diabetes.
Message from the President
“The Swiss Diabetes Association appreciates the close cooperation with IDF to ensure the cause of people with diabetes both at a national and international level. It enables us to be informed of the latest news and scientific progress related to diabetes”.