The Togolese Diabetes Association (ATD) is a nonprofit, apolitical association established on May 16, 1992 on the initiative of a diabetic patient who had knowledge of the existence of the association in GHANA, and two doctors working in the field of diabetes. They were quickly joined by other physicians and diabetes patients.
This Association was originally called “Togolese Diabetics Association.” The current name was adopted in 1999 to better mark the ATD is open to both non-diabetics as people with diabetes. Its headquarters is located in Lomé, with sections in all regions of Togo.
• To contribute to the prevention and fight against diabetes
• To inform and educate the public about diabetes risk factors
• To provide education to people with diabetes
• To determine the contribution of traditional medicine in the prevention and treatment of diabetes
• To collaborate with associations, organizations and institutions working in the same direction as its objectives