The National Diabetes Organization- DiaLeb is a non-for-profit organization founded in 2011 that aims to promote diabetes care and prevention and support research in search for a cure. DiaLeb works to promote healthy lifestyles and spread awareness about diabetes in order to make living with the disease more manageable for all those affected and their families. DiaLeb is a member at the Global Compact Network of Lebanon since 2015 and an IDF Certified Center of Education since 2018.
- To raise awareness and develop well designed communication strategies regarding the need for prevention and the importance of good diabetes control
- To disseminate appropriate information and educational materials
- To help people affected by diabetes improve their lives and enhance quality nutrition care
- To deliver community programs and services to high-risk populations
- To facilitate progress in research and increase the efficiency of biomedical studies
DiaLeb has developed a series of programs under which it works to provide awareness to different segments of the population and efficiently reach those at risk of or living with this disease. DiaLeb also offers community support groups, and patient training, an internship program for nutrition students, and engages in numerous social activities, all with the aim of promoting diabetes awareness and enhancing the lives of those affected by and living with the disease.
DiaLeb continuously carries out programs and events aimed at increasing diabetes knowledge and education, these include:
- Awareness through social media and Dialeb website
- Annual Summer Camp for Adults with Type 1 diabetes
- Organizing nutrition workshops at universities
- Launching the yearly magazine “DiaLeb Review”
- Providing a community internship program for graduate nutrition students
- Giving lectures at schools and universities in multiple areas across Lebanon
- Participating in local health fairs across Lebanon
- Awareness Programs for Government Institutions
- Community Awareness programs
- Sports activities
Publications & Newsletters
The DiaLeb Review is an annual publication focused on healthy living and everything related to diabetes. Each issue of the DiaLeb Review showcases DiaLeb’s activities and includes important articles from doctors, nurses, nutritionists, and others in the diabetes healthcare field. In addition, DiaLeb publishes a bimonthly e-newsletter that includes medical articles, nutrition tips, and recipes, as well as highlights recent activities of Dialeb.
Message from the President
Dr. Jackie Maalouf, president and founder of DiaLeb. “We, at DiaLeb, are very proud to be part of the IDF. We believe that, hand in hand, we can spread awareness about diabetes and enhance the education level and care to all those affected with the disease. Together we can control diabetes!”