Sociedade Brasileira de Diabetes (SBD) was established in December 1970.
The mission of SBD is to contribute for the prevention and treatment of diabetes, disseminating technical and scientific knowledge among physicians and health professionals, educating the population about the disease, improving quality of life for people with diabetes and collaborating with the State through the development and implementation of public policies focused on the proper care of patients and to reduce the number of individuals with diabetes in our country.
The vision of SBD is to be recognized nationally and internationally as a reference institution and a center of knowledge and information on diabetes, guided by principles of ethics and transparency and a medical and social conduct unlinked from any personal, financial or business interest.
- To contribute for the prevention and treatment of diabetes
- To disseminate technical and scientific knowledge through publications, scientific magazine and electronic medias
- To increase awareness about diabetes through campaigns and social media
- To develop and complement public policies focused on care of patients
- To reduce the number of individuals with diabetes in Brazil through actions along with public agencies