Asociación Dia Vida meets once a month to educate and support children, youth and adults with diabetes and their families. They give talks on nutrition, psychology, important medical aspects to treat type 1 diabetes and prevention of type 2 diabetes. They see diabetes as a lifestyle, not a disease, with positivity and motivation.
Being the leading organization dedicated to the free dissemination and exchange of knowledge on different types of diabetes for prevention, early detection and improved quality of life for patients and their families across the country.
- Radio and television speeches about diabetes several times a year
- Monthly meetings with talks lead by many professionals in different disciplines such as medicine, nutrition, psychology, spiritual strengthening and talks sponsored by private pharmaceutical companies
- Recreational Trips
- For World Diabetes Day, they organize the following activities:
- Congresses about type 1 and 2 diabetes
- WDD walks
- Illumination of hospitals, museums, and theaters of blue
- Artistic exhibition “Blue 1 & 2”, where painters and photographers provided works based on the blue circle
Message from the President
“As we have been growing, from a small support group for families of children with diabetes to an association recognized nationally in Costa Rica, we realize the importance of being members of the International Diabetes Federation, because it will give us greater credibility and confidence in our country.”