ADES is a non-profit organization established in 1997 comprising of a team of trained diabetes nurse educators who are dedicated to provide teaching and counseling on diabetes management to healthcare professionals, people with diabetes, their family members and any individual who is interested in diabetes.
Vision: Improving life of people with diabetes through education.
Mission: Promoting optimal health and well being for people with diabetes through effective education and counselling.
- To provide diabetes education and skills training
- To act as a consultant for diabetes education and training
- To provide a platform for diabetes healthcare professionals to network and seek peer support
- To facilitate opportunities for diabetes educators to participate in community outreach
Accreditation & Certification Board for Certified Diabetes Educators:
The mission of the Association of Diabetes Educator Singapore (ADES) is to set the standard of excellence in the profession of diabetes education.
Objectives of Certification :
- Provide a mechanism to demonstrate professional accomplishment and growth as a validation to self and working organization.
- Provide formal recognition of specialty practice and knowledge.
- Promote continuing commitment to best practices, current standards and knowledge in diabetes education
Educational Seminars/ Workshops:
The aim is to create platforms for shared learning from various healthcare professionals and keep abreast of latest updates on diabetes treatment and management.
Community Outreach Events:
We provide volunteers to conduct education and counselling at community outreach events for example, public health screening and public awareness in conjunction with World Diabetes Day