The National Diabetes Association-Ghana firstly known as the Ghana Diabetes Association was formed on 23rd September 1981.
- To lead all diabetics in Ghana to quality and affordable services for the prevention and care of diabetes.
- To be the mouthpiece of all people with diabetes in Ghana.
- To create awareness of the condition and its complications through peer education, print and electronic media.
- To be the effective in prevention of diabetes in Ghana.
- To improve the quality of life and reduce morbidity and pre mature mortality especially in women, children and adolescents.