The Mauritanian Association for the Fight Against Diabetes (Association Mauritanienne de Lutte Contre le Diabète – AMLCD) is an apolitical and non-profit group of people with and without diabetes. It strives to provide a comprehensive and coherent response to improve the lives of people with diabetes.
It was officially established on 15 February 2008.
- To advocate with health authorities, local officials and international organisations.
- To conduct awareness campaigns among the population.
- To organise mass screenings.
- To contribute to the reduction of risk factors for non-communicable diseases.
- To support health centres for the management of diabetes.
The Association advocates with health, administrative and municipal authorities for effective management of diabetes and its complications because today, this disease is a public health emergency.
Additional activities include the organisation of diabetes workshops and diabetes screenings in secondary schools.