The Zimbabwe Diabetic Association is a Non Profit Humanitarian Organization representing the interest of the growing number of people with diabetes and those at risk and their health care givers.
Zimbabwe Diabetic Association is a growing network of over seven Provincial Branches in Zimbabwe comprising people with diabetes.
Mission: To improve the spiritual / physical and socio-economic welfare of people with diabetes in Zimbabwe and sub-Saharan Africa.
- To reinforce the case for action on diabetes.
- To support and strengthen Zimbabwe Diabetic Association (ZBA) provincial, district and rural diabetes healthcare education centres.
- To improve the health outcomes of people with diabetes and prevent people with diabetes from developing complications.
- To prevent country escalation of type-2 diabetes.
- To champion a country free from discrimination and stigma to people with diabetes.
- To build effective partnerships to maximise the outcomes of the UN Political Declaration on NCDs including diabetes.
- To ensure the effectiveness of ZDA country organisation on the implementation of the Life for a Child program.