The Arabic Association for the Study of Diabetes & Metabolism (AASD) is a non-governmental organization founded on 2006 as a leading non-profit health organization providing diabetes research, information, advocacy and patient care. AASD has a wide range of objectives and activities.
- Medical conferences intended to share knowledge and stimulate research
- Postgraduate continuous medical education: AASD-CME
- Prevention of diabetes & diabetes complications
- Care of diabetes complications
- Public awareness programs and patient education with the aim of prevention and optimum management.
- Medical conferences intended to share knowledge and stimulate research.
- Postgraduate continuous medical education: AASD-CME.
- Newsletters for health care practitioner that is intended to increase knowledge about the standards of medical care in diabetes and associated cardiovascular and metabolic disorders.
- Patient education sessions. o Diabetes prevention Campaigns for the objective of 1ry, 2ry and 3ry prevention.
- Early detection of diabetes and prediabetes.
- Patient services: Blood glucose and lipid testing, patient examination, providing glucometers and antidiabetic drugs for patients who can’t afford treatment.
Message from the President
Professor Inass Shaltout “Arabic Association for the Study of Diabetes and metabolism, a member of IDF, as one of the leading associations in Egypt, encourages the awareness of the issue of diabetes complications and how to prevent them. It challenges people with diabetes to know their risks for heart disease and take action to reduce their personal risk. It also gives them the tools they need to lead a healthy life. We are looking for fruitful care for both doctors and patients in Egypt.”