The Upper Egypt Diabetes Association (UEDA) was created in 2006 to improve diabetes care and advocacy initially in Upper Egypt and remotely in the whole of the country.
- Diabetes education
- Diabetes prevention
- Children with diabetes
Educational sessions for people with diabetes throughout the Upper Egypt governorates: Fayoum, Bani Swif, Minia, Assuit, Sohag, Luxor and Aswan.
World Diabetes Day
- Awareness campaigns and educational sessions for people with diabetes and blood sugar measurement
- Workshop for training members on diabetes awareness
- Local campaign on the streets, in schools, universities, clubs
- Clinical Trial to evaluate prevention programmes, in collaboration Dresden university.
- Diabetes dyslipedemia screening project.
- National diabetes registry.
Message from the President
Professor Adel Abdel-Aziz El-Sayed “Our mission is to promote diabetes care, prevention and a cure in our country. Joining the IDF will help us not only to reach our local goals, but also to participate globally to achieve this mission.”