Diabete Quebec was established in 1954, helping people with diabetes for 60 years. It has 40 affiliated association throughout Québec, a network of more than 130 diabetes education centers (hospitals, medical clinics, CLSC) and a Professional Council (CPDQ) created in 1979 with a membership of over 1 400 health care professionals involved in diabetes.
Mission: Inform, Raise awareness and Prevent.
- Diabetes education
- Providing services
- Funding research
- Defending rights
- Diabetes education programs designed for nutritionists, nurses, pharmacists, and other HCP on many themes
- Scientific congress meeting in Oct/Nov with more than 1 000 participants from Québec, New Brunswick and Ontario
- Conferences and awareness activities such as blood glucose testing provided to the community and to HCP
- The Diabétaide education program for HCP and for people living with diabetes
- Information stands, thematic lectures, health day activities in drugstores and in the workplace
- InfoDiabète: a free diabetes information service, by phone or email, with nutritionists and nurse
Publications & Newsletters
Plein Soleil magazine