The Diabetes Association of Curaçao was established in 1974 by a group of professionals, primarily Doctors. The Association was established at that time due to an increase in the number of person being diagnosed with diabetes.
- To educate and advise persons living with diabetes focusing on the need for a complete change to a healthier lifestyle
- Promoting better health and encourage their families to become involved with the management of diabetes
- To provide quality, updated, and relevant information on the condition to persons affected and afflicted with diabetes.
- “Sokudi” works closely with the Ministry of Health and participates in Health Fairs, at these sessions; blood sugar testing and information sharing are done with the public.
- Education session for adults on condition of diabetes
- Organising and promoting exercise, morning/evening walk.
- Meetings are held where medical practionars, nutritionist, diabetes educators, podotherapist,physical educators, are invited as guest speakers at these meetings.