In 1954, basic, clinical and therapeutic research combined efforts and objectives under one organization, Sociedad Argentina de Diabetes. Since then, the organization’s work has been continuous and fruitful, especially with the incorporation of subsidiaries representing the whole country.
SAD has been responsible for the organization of fifteen national congresses. In 1975 the organization opened a Diabetes Graduate School and since then, more than two hundred professionals have graduated specializing in Diabetes in Argentina and Latin American. Since 2000 the scientific work has been organized in several working groups, generating research.
Our heritage has been multiplied and Sociedad Argentina de Diabetes has become the diabetes leader in Argentina.
Sociedad Argentina de Diabetes has 18 working committees whose aim is the development of clinical research and courses for members of SAD and diabetologists with eventual extension to specially convened professionals.
SAD Diabetes Graduate School. The programme includes:
Training programmes for general practitioners and 1st contact
Training programmes for non-medical team:
- Research and Teaching
- Interaction with other medical societies
- Certified Diabetes Educator Course by the International Diabetes Federation
- Diabetes Biochemistry Course
- Degree Course in Nutrition
- Training Course on Diabetic Foot
- Training Course for Nursing staff (available at affiliates of SAD and one one other in the countryside)
- Economics and Quality of Care
- Psychosocial Aspects
- Diabetes and Pregnancy
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Diabetes Education and Exercise
- Epidemiology and Diabetes
- Pharmacology of Diabetes
- Genetics, Immunology and Prevention
- Hypertension and other risk factors
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Nutrition and Diabetes
- Diabetic Foot
- Obesity and Diabetes
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Sexuality and Diabetes
Publications & Newsletters
- Sociedad Argentina de Diabetes Magazine
- Newsletter available at www.diabetes.org.ar