We are looking to hire a highly motivated and organised full-time Communications Coordinator to join our Communications team.
The Communications Coordinator will be working from home and can be based anywhere. (If the applicant does not reside in Belgium, the employment contract will not be an employee contract but a consultant (self-employed) contract.)
This role is responsible for supporting the development and execution of communication deliverables and activities.
Purpose of role
In this role, you will increase the visibility of the Federation and promote our mission to improve the lives of people with diabetes and prevent diabetes in those at risk.
Key responsibilities and activities
- Coordinate communications activities for IDF projects and programmes (e.g. IDF Congresses, World Diabetes Day, IDF Diabetes Atlas, IDF School of Diabetes, KiDS, IDF Advocacy). This includes the creation of deliverables for social media and marketing purposes, stakeholder outreach, preparing reports and event support.
- Coordinate the timely execution and delivery of World Diabetes Day campaign deliverables and activities.
- Draft content for IDF social media communications and oversee the execution of the IDF social media strategy.
- Coordinate the production and delivery of IDF e-communications through MailChimp and manage the subscriber database.
- Oversee the publication of news content on the IDF website.
- Coordinate the production of the IDF Annual Report.
- Support the development and execution of IDF communications strategy and project-specific strategies, in collaboration with other departments.
- Support the management of IDF online platforms.
- Support the management of external communication requests related to IDF activities/projects.
- Provide support to IDF Board, Regional Offices, Committees, Members and Partners as required.
- Report to IDF partners on IDF’s communication activities.
- Provide further support as required to the Communications Team and other IDF departments.
Required skills, competencies and experience
- Bachelor-level or higher qualification (preferably in a communications-related field).
- Native or near-native proficiency (verbal and written) in English. Native proficiency in Spanish would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience, preferably in a multicultural, international environment. Experience in the development and execution of public awareness campaigns would be an asset.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Proficiency with MailChimp.
- Proficiency with graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and video editing (Premiere Pro, After Effects or similar) software.
- Good working knowledge of WordPress and other website content management tools.
- Good working knowledge of website and social media analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Creative thinker, contributes good ideas to team discussions.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Ms Audrey Baerten, Office Manager, at [email protected] before 14 July, 2023.
Applicants that do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.