The International Diabetes Federation and the NCD Alliance invite you to the virtual event “From Promises to Action: Supporting Implementation of the WHO Global Diabetes Compact”.
When: April 15, 2021 – 12:30-14:00 CEST/6:30-8:00 EDT
On April 14, WHO will launch the WHO Global Diabetes Compact to mark the centenary of the discovery of insulin. To support this monumental step, strategically selected advocates with lived experiences of diabetes, government representatives and thought leaders representing a variety of stakeholders will feed into a discussion around the opportunities to support the implementation of the Compact and catalyse access to health care services for all people living with diabetes.
- Dr The Honourable Christopher Tufton, Minister of Health, Jamaica;
- Dr Bente Mikkelsen, Director, Department of NCDs, World Health Organization;
- Mr Jo Jewell, Nutrition Specialist, UNICEF;
- Mr Bent Lautrup-Nielsen, Head of Global Development and Advocacy, World Diabetes Foundation;
- Mr Tom Robinson, Co-lead of the Global Project, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation;
- Dr Mark Barone, Vice-President, International Diabetes Federation;
- Mr Kyle Jacques Rose, Vice-President, International Diabetes Federation.